OTA SPACE MARINE-ER T-OFC Heresy

MPF GRID TR-0 O8 1235
HVY PVT HELIOS MK2
LVET FH ASSUALT PVT HELIOS 

SteamID & Discord Name/Tag

Smith#4090

Region/Timezone

BST

List all (if any) previous punishments (Warns/Bans)

None 

What is your reason(s) for applying for Gamemaster?

I want to become a Gamemaster because I love playing in the events and even helping them, I have some creative ideas and would like to use them for events so that the players can have fun. Also, I really like this community, so to be able to do events and create a good time for other epic gamers or just people playing who do not know that much about Combine vs rebels. To be able to express my ideas and to cooperate with people for such a good and entertaining purpose. To add on, I’d like to be able to host an event, small or big. Events are good ways to show how cooperative the Combine or the Rebels are. It also gives them time to have a lot of fun, the GM’s also have fun making and placing and they have a big responsibility. I love the server and the events, It would be a amazing  to become a Gamemaster.

Have you ever been Event Staff or something similar before? If so, list your previous positions.

Yes I use to be a Mod a T-MOD a TGM and a full GM I was a full gm and MOD for around 8 months.

Describe how you react to negative feedback, from constructive criticism to borderline harassment.

I would firstly say thank you for your feedback I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the event and I will try my best to improve on the feedback you have given.

When it gets to borderline harassment I would say this please stop because this has started to become harassment if you don't stop I will have to dm your higher ups and I really don't want to do that.

While planning a server-wide Event you realized that it would make hosting it much easier if you had another Gamemaster assisting you, and manage to get someone to help. Unfortunately 5 minutes before the Event is scheduled to begin, they messaged you and said they would be absent. How do you proceed?

I would firstly say yeah np then I would ask around if I could get any help.

If I do get help

The event would carry on as normal with my sending him a doc on what will be happening

If I do not get help

I would cut the event to small chunks easier for me but still enjoyable for the players. Then I would start setting up the NPC's and begin the event.

While planning an Event, you decide to test some of the tools you think would be helpful. You go to the admin room, and start to experiment. Unfortunately, while testing with some NPCs the server crashed. How do you react?

I would report it to my higher ups and say on the main discord server of combine and rebel sorry for the crash server will be back up soon then go to the GM discord server and say please don't use (NPC name) as it crashes the server.

An NCO has finished training a Recruit, but there are no COs or Staff online to provide the whitelist. What do you do?

See if I can give them the WL due to no cos or staff online

If I can 

I would press C then give the person the WL and do !return ^

If I cant

I would tell them that due to me being a GM I cant give the wl but I will try my best to get a CO on or a staff member I am so sorry that I could not fix this current issue then do !return and ask for a CO or Staff to get on.

If the staff/co does get on

I would go back to the RCT and say the staff or co is now on and is now coming to you have a nice day and welcome to CVR.

If the staff/co does not get on I would ask in the GM/staff discord if i could because no COs/staff members are getting on and if i get granted I would give them the WL and say welcome to CVR then leave.

While hosting a server-wide Event you have implemented a RP section where players can interact with a computer in order to open a door. Unexpectedly, a CO decides that they would rather that door stay closed (Presumably so that the other side cannot continue), and orders that the computer be destroyed. Given that the door is essential to progressing your event, how do you react?

I would go with it because I like to take challenges that just pop I would say this /event "a malfunction seems to of happened on (factions) computer there must be another way to get around somehow" then I would make a hole in a wall allowing the faction to progress a little bit faster then the factions that destroyed the computer.

While hosting a server-wide Event, a CmD/MAJ decides that they dislike it, and begin to openly attempt to get players to refuse to participate. This reaches the point that there are almost no players participating on one side. How do you resolve the situation?

I would be the CmD/MAJ if they could carry on with the event assuming the side that disliked it continued after the event I would ask the CmD/MAJ if they could dm me on what they did not like I would then say thank you for your feeback I promise to host better events then this one today I will also implement this feedback into future events have a amazing day.

After hosting a server-wide Event, you are in the middle of a post-event Debrief when the COs present tell you to stop hosting your DB so they can host theirs. How do you react?

I would kindly dm the co saying If you don't mind but could i finish my DB just so everybody knows how the event turned out it wont be long. After I finish my DB I would hand it off to the CO.

What permissions do Gamemasters have, both inside and outside of Events?

To take GM reports

Props 
Noclip
God
Cloak
spawning in weaponry

spawning in vehicle 

ect

While preparing to host an Event, you notice that there are 3 vehicles deployed, and that the server is lagging a bit because of that. What do you do?

I would ask for 1 vehicle to undeploy saying as I am about to do a event could you please undeploy your current vehicle due to the increase of lag.

Describe your design process of Events prior to queuing them.

Thinking of the event idea
Making a doc about the event
going into singleplayer and testing anything that my event will need
finishing the doc
see if any other gms like it or have feedback
add the feedback into the doc
set a time and date
start setting up the event
begin the event

Create three Event ideas and describe them below. Be as detailed as you feel necessary. Originality is appreciated, and a lack of details will be penalized.

(SMALL)

A trader has came to the map and has set up shop in one of the abandoned buildings he puts a sign up saying Trader shop sell what you don't want to me for a little something 

3k credits(or mats that have a value of 3k) = a pistol or a +100 hp boost for one life
5k credits (or mats that have a value of 5k) = SMG or a 125 hp boost and a small armor boost of +25 armor
8k credits (or mats that have a value of 8k)  = a assault rifle (not blacklisted) or a 100 hp boost and a +100 armor boost 
8.5k credits (or mats that have a value of 8.5k) = a shotgun and a 50hp boost 
9k credits (or mats that have a value of 9k) = a LMG (not blacklisted) and a 100hp boost
10k credits (or mats that have a value of 10k) = a sniper (not blacklisted) and a 20% speed boost
25k credits (or mats that have a value of 25k) = a unarmed vehicle (this can only be purchased 4 times not by the same person and only one can be deployed at a time)

(SMALL)

A group of animal/robotic slavers come and set up shop in a building selling all kinds of pets (other players that have been asked or have chosen to become a pet) ranging from tamed headcrabs to antlion guards to killer robots that will act as guards (the robots will be staff offering to help in the event or staff that have been asked to help in the event) 

Robots

5k = one robot with a SMG and 800hp and 100 armor
10k = one robot with a shotgun and a SMG with 700hp and 100 armor
15k = two robots with a SMG and 500hp each
20k = two robots with a shotgun and a assault rifle and 500hp and 100 armor 

Zombie type pets

2k= one headcrab zombie with the power to take over somebody's body
5k = fast zombie 

Antlion type

5k Antlion
10k Antlion guard

(Medium)
(around Halloween type event)

A muffled scream from the sewers can be heard throughout the map it gets louder and louder till it suddenly stopssounds of eating can then be heard a little bit later some sort of liquid starts pouring out of the sewers and with that the undead of rebels and combine. The undead start attacking both sides (the undead would be played by people who want to be a event actor or I have dmed and they said sure) a signal comes through on a public channel from a combine base saying we are under attack by the undead we have found a way to stop them go to where you heard the screams work with the rebels it is the only way to live. When both sides enter the sewers (where the screams started from) they see piles of bodies and 2 loaded machine guns turrets attached to what seems to be a barricaded entrance with a small tube filled with liquid on a military looking body (assuming one from the rebels or combine pick it up) with zombies blocking them in they have been ambushed and there only way is to fight it out. Some very epic music plays as the zombies start running through the sewers to get them assuming players get onto the barricades and the two gun turrets after around 5mins of defending the zombies seem to have gone a new signal comes online saying this is combine outpost 2237/a we see that you have picked up what seems to by from my scanners a cure to this infection take it to the combine base and make it into a gas and release it into the air. the rebels and combine will hopefully go to the combine base and starts making the cure into a gas with hords after hords of zombies breaching the walls and attacking the combine base after 5mins of defending the cure is made and put into the vents the zombies start to collapse and die after event db's will happen and everything will go back to normal.

Rewards

Both sides get 1 free vehicle 

How often do you think GMs should host events?

around 1-2 times a week

Do you understand and accept the following clause: I will not leak Staff or Gamemaster information, I will not abuse my powers, and I will not break the Gamemaster rules.

Of course 

Do you understand the basics of using ULX? List what you know.

Noclip
God
Goto
Bring
Freeze
Strip
Ban
Jail
Jailtp
Maul
Cloak
Kick
Warn
Mute
Gag 

and more!
doggod  Member 31 Jul 21 at 10:28pm
Neutral
Answers to some questions could use a little work, and the first 2 events seem pretty basic. But other than that, you're a very cool and respectable person in game and someone I could see fitting well into the GM team
Carbonated Carbon  VIP 1 Aug 21 at 2:33am
Neutral, as doggod said the first 2 events are a bit basic, and some of the balancing for the pet/robot shop seem whack, or just a bit expensive, bit once again as doggod said you are a respectable person, as well as trustworthy, while it has been awhile since I've seen what you've been up to in SWORD you were rather encouraged to do trainings for SWORD. Good luck, and if you do get accepted I hope you have fun.
doggod likes this post
Banana  VIP 1 Aug 21 at 9:49pm
Neutral leaning twords +1, some of your answers could be reworked and answered better but not a huge deal. The first 2 events are basic shop events but the 3rd event is decent. Your answers could be a bit brighter so its a tad easier to read. Other than that, you are a pretty chill guy I've seen on the server and I wish you the best of luck!

Signature:
~ Banana 
Chief of R&D
Ex MP CPT
Discord: lemmethink
Kiwi  VIP 1 Aug 21 at 9:59pm
Gonna have to say Neutral like my peers. The first two events are shop events, which are generally kinda consider really easy events.
1st event. Shop, Maybe a tiny bit over priced but other than that fine
2nd event. a pet shop event, well these are certainly interesting but kind of a logistical nightmare with personnel from what I hear
3rd event. looks nice, currently I don't think we have access to turrets.
Now onto you personally, I've seen you around a bit and you seem like a decent fit for GM
(personal gripe with the app: maybe you could of used a tiny bit of a lighter purple, since I'm having a tough time reading it.)
ozz12231  VIP 2 Aug 21 at 9:02am
Neutral same reason as all the people above
Shops doesnt really count as an event yeah they are cool but kinda basic
If u can give us more events ideas in the replys might chnage our mind
[GL] Music guy  Member 2 Aug 21 at 12:30pm
(combine event -MED - on map)
(Map - outlands)
(event actors - people wanting to assist in the event or people who have been asked and have said ok)

*SOS signal from a nearby outpost*

"This is MPF UNION 01 1483 we are under attack by a group of bandits at outpost H they are heavily armoured with apc's with HE rounds in them we request assistance right now" a db would then be held and hopefully the combine would also deploy a APC they would then start the fight at H fighting the bandits and any rebels that come there way. They will firstly come across a road block near the B to F road they can choose to go around it ( would make it more harder and there would be more bandits due to the bandits wanting them to go the other way)or go through it there would also be a sign by the roadblock saying mines ahead (the mines would be slams that are triggered as claymores) with one bandit jeep with 2500 hp and around 4 npc's assuming they go through the roadblock they would encounter a FOB with a "turret" (800 hp rebel apc built into a turret shape with red weak points to shoot at to destroy it} and some bandit gun turrets (hacked combine turrets) after they get past that (should take around 20 - 30mins for the roadblock and the fob to be captured) they will start the attack on the outpost, the outpost would have one Sherman tank with 5k hp and around 50 armed bandits and two player snipers on rebel base hill the bandits would then say this over general radio  "to all rebels we require help if you assist us we will give you a special gift" the rebels can then assist or not assist or random rebels engage. after the combine destroy the sherman they hopefully would start entering the outpost (the 2 bandit snipers would then start engaging) when they get into the outpost there would be a console required to get any data as soon as somebody starts hacking it they would get surrounded by bandits (both NPC and player) with 1 Sherman and 1 captured combine apc the console would start counting down from 5mins after the 5mins the bandits would become a lot weaker. When the bandits get killed the combine should RTB after rtbing they would host a DB and get one free Sherman.

(the same event could work with the rebel side aswell)
your family pet  Member 2 Aug 21 at 1:00pm
-1 2 shop events then cod zombies easter egg kinda basic but at least the cod zombies has gameplay. This would be neutral but one of the only things I remember about you is assassinating a guy hosting a db like second day into su. Your new event idea to me sounds like vehicle spam and you say “hopefully” a lot in it which leads me to believe that you didn’t really think much about it. I feel like you aren’t very comfortable making event ideas and that’s usual when your just trying to start but maybe ask some of your friends what they think about the ideas to get some feedback. Also with your pet shop idea with what others said that would be a nightmare to deal with. Good luck going forward and try to make some more unique ideas even if it’s difficult.
  • 10 participants