Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: N/A

What are your suggestions?

A: My suggestions are as follows:

1. Allow suit zoom while sprinting
2. Allow Civil protection to behave more like Civil protection
3. Bring back auto regen

How would this benefit the server?
A: These would both benefit the server and here is why. First let's start off the my first suggestion, if you are unsure of a target at a distance, you either have to stop essentially being a sitting duck or close the distance, now though running towards someone to close the distance may seem like a good combat strategy, there is a high risk that they are either someone who either would take a bullet for The Freeman or wants you shipped to Nova Prospect. if suit zoom while sprinting was added we can quickly make out who is who in a combat situation without having to worry are they are friend or foe or just sitting there trying to see what they are

Next up is more of an Rp element, I am sure we have all played half life 2 and know just how strict and oppressive the combine are especially the civil protection (MPF). However it is a apparently considered power game to Rp as a civil protection by performing searches on suspects or setting up civillian checkpoints. I do think that this should be added and not us just having to stare at our dead comrades with a suspicious civ looming over his dead corpse and all we are allowed to do is merely say "clear off the area" which is ridiculous to let citizens get away with murder and very much unlike how the civil protection would behave, this would make anarchists have to actually plan how to kill a combine rather than kill him just out of sight of the rest leaving them to no choice but to let them off as they didn't see it directly, it would also make the city feel more like an actual half life city rather than just a TDM fest (which ik it is but there is still an Rp element)

Finally, auto regen, auto regen is something that both improves gameplay and makes sense Rp wise as combine do carry a small amount of medical supplies for emergency use and also makes it so that you have enough health to make it back to a medic, where as a near death situation nowadays will leave you at 23 hp and even a the blast from a distant rocket or one smg bullet will kill you whereas if it remained as usual you would be able to brush off some light damage and make your way to a medic, but now it basically means guranteed death

Thank you for Ready

-Bobby
Nekso  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 9 Apr 20 at 6:52pm
For the RP situations it would just not work and SUs would take a major blow if it would be added. Searches can be easily exploitable which is why you can’t do them. Someone could simply just say “Hey, I think you look suspicious random search time” which is why they aren’t added and will most likely not be added. All the rest of your things look pretty good tho.
Game Boy  VIP 9 Apr 20 at 8:10pm
Suit zoom + sprint was removed because it causes issues with TFA

This isn't HL2 RP and we don't let Civs get away with murder. If we see them kill someone or have a gun out we exterminate them.

And we do have Regen. It heals up to half of your HP and AP
Bob The Bo  Member 9 Apr 20 at 8:14pm
well perhaps there could be certain guidelines like if the citizen is has done a suspicious action such as stand around and follow rebels or was spotted near a dead combine corpse and not just randomly like how it is in hl2, but surely something more than a mere bug off should be added, it would also add more Rp rather than just shoot him with /me's and rolls for searches etc
cortlandc =WL=  VIP 9 Apr 20 at 10:19pm
bob, if you want a half life 2 rp and tdm server, you are in the wrong place. I would recommend keeping an eye out for the half-life wars server instead
Void  VIP 9 Apr 20 at 10:57pm Edited
Dude fuck half life 2 RP, it's for Retards lmao */me does a /me for the most trivial shit so I don't get kicked for FailRP*
Juan  Member 10 Apr 20 at 12:14am
+1 to regen, -1 to everything else.
I miss sprinting with suit zoom (tho I barely even use that old junk anyways) but it broke yout weapons making them invisible. Really inconvenient.
Bob The Bo  Member 10 Apr 20 at 9:25am
searching suspicious citizens for weapons is not really too overpowered tbh, they can always just either kill them descretly, get a higher roll or run away and hife before any civil protection enter the scene.
[DEFN] Brand  Community Advisor VIP 10 Apr 20 at 9:50am
You underestimate rolling and searching.

Team damage JUST got reintroduced and SU are getting fucked by any trigger happy private on the block. Now you want MPF manned checkpoints/spot checks? Nah

Regeneration is gone and honestly I wouldn't want it back anyways. High HP and AP classes being able to naturally regen to the strength of a 100/100 class is daft. This change also makes medics more crucial.
  • 9 participants