MPF BALLISTA 05 2879/MPF UNION 09 2880

SteamID & Discord Name/Tag
STEAM_1:1:117252168/Dr.MEM#7242

What Region are you located in? What's your timezone?:
USA PST

Previous Punishments?:
Verbal warns in the past

What's your reason for becoming Gamemaster?:
Provide a fresh experience to the player base on events. As well as providing a new experience to cvr, keeping it fun to play. I’ve played a lot on the community, it’s time to finally give back

Have you ever been Event Staff or anything similar on other servers? If so please list below:
I’ve used many of our current ulx commands often in the past

Explain how you take criticism from other people, from constructive to border-line harassment:
I take criticism and try to find how I can fix the problem. From small changes to drastic actions. I try to see what kind of reasoning the person has behind it and try to see if it’s fixable

A Combine CmD has openly expressed their distaste for an event you're doing at that moment. It has gotten to the point where he is actively disrupting your event. What is your course of action?:
Take him to a sit and ask him to not interfere anymore, notify other staff if the CmD persists and keeps disrupting event

A Resistance Fighter starts PMing you with some questions about a recent event you've done. However, because you were AFK, he has started harassing you. What is your course of action?:
Apologize for being afk and ask him to repeat the questions, remember to tell them to not spam PMs or constantly bug staff

What are GM's permissions both inside and outside of events?:
Change a variety of player stats and placing props within the server rules during events but never otherwise

You are hosting an important Post-Event DB and all of a sudden, the CO's ask you to leave so they can do their DB and exclude yours. What is your course of action?:
Wrap up your DB as quick as possible and let them begin theirs.

A Gamemaster who said he would be assisting you in an event later on today hasn't shown up and now the event is running behind schedule. What should you do?:
Postpone event until he gets there, if not then attempt the to do the event to the best of my ability

After getting a green light on an event, you notice there are 3 vehicles deployed at once. It is causing a little lag, what is your course of action?:
Request the vehicles to undeploy, tell them it is to reduce lag

What's the process GM's take before making events, from start to finish. (This is what YOU think):
1. Plan the event
2. Improve event
3. Request for event perms
4. Once greenlighted, execute event

A Resistance Captain is openly criticizing your event when he isn't in the event itself. It has gotten to the point where he is interrupting your important adverts relating to the event. What should you do?:
Take him to a sit and tell him not to interfere further, if he does then notify other staff of his actions and notify his higher ups

How often do you think GM's should host events?:
Once a week, at the very least once every 2 weeks

List three events that you might do if you get accepted (DETAILED AND BE ORIGINAL) [Campaigns and RP Situations are EXCLUDED]:
1. Optional tiebreaker events-Mini events which give a side an advantage to push camping enemies back and turn the tide of battle, for example a Juggernaut volunteer for ether side to be deployed alongside the main troops to provide assistance. The volunteer would cost credits to deploy and need CO permission as well. The juggernaut would be colored the respective team. Once the juggernaut is killed, if the team is still pushed far back then they can be redeployed. If not then the volunteer will switch sides to offer services to the other team. The event can have multiple volunteers out at once, with the group deployment costing more credits. This event is to be used to help a spawncamped side finally push out of their spawn.
2. Weapons secured-Blackmarket weapons are found in the city, it’s up to the Rebels or Combine to secure them and get those weapons for their own use, the event could have multiple locations to defend or a moving location to defend. A team has to hold the location(s) for 10 minutes, both teams get separate timers on defending. Timer will swap to respective team once area is secured by them or death of all defenders. Winners get custom weapons at DB stage. Only Transport vehicles are allowed onto event to transport troops only, no defending
3. Crab canister malfunction-The canister launcher is going haywire and launching loaded canisters of crabs on key points on the map, the canisters do very little damage and are only in pods of two or three, Headcrab count is accounted for number of shells launched. The Rebels and Combine must fight each other while crabs are attacking both. The crabs are designed to distract people and expose their locations. Canisters disappear once all crabs are deployed or all players dead.

Do you understand and accept the following clause: I will not leak staff information in gamemaster channels or otherwise. I will not abuse my powers in-game or otherwise. I must add [DEFN] to my steam username as soon as I get accepted:
I understand

Do you understand the basics of ULX? (If so, list basic commands below):
!bring
!goto
!model
!mute
!gag
!menu
!psay
!ragdoll
!rocket
!noclip
!god
!ban
!kick
!jail
!armor
!hp
!cloak
[DEFN] Vad  VIP 30 Apr 20 at 5:48pm
Neutral,
The app is decent but as for in-game I haven't really noticed anything from you at all.
I'd like to get to know you a tad bit more before officially rating you.
As for the events though, I'd change the first event cause that's not really an event and there is no detail to it at all.
Radioactive.sw  VIP 30 Apr 20 at 5:53pm
app is kinda generic and short, the events other than the second one dont have a clear goal or anything defining them, the second one is very generic. all your other answers, while mostly correct, are very short.
i'll gladly change my rating if the app is improved.
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 30 Apr 20 at 5:53pm
So uh, Neutral here.

You're answers to the questions are fine, it's formatted 50-50, the issue here is the events.

1. is incredibly vague and very likely just an event that provides one side an undeserved advantage without any effort.
2. Just more detail. Event concept isn't bad. Not original, but not bad.
3. Sounds more like an excuse to spam headcrab canisters around the map than anything else ngl, but to be honest it's not that a deal.

You gotta elaborate more on what happens during the events, how you expect an event to end, and any rewards you would give out (if any).

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 30 Apr 20 at 7:37pm
Continuing with my criticism;

1. is impossible due to vehicle resupply zones, and -again- it provides an advantage to one side for virtually no reason. It'd be a solution if/when one side has been pushed back for multiple hours or so, but still, not something I would grant as an SGM.
2. is still so incredibly vague I have no idea what it would consist of anymore. You gotta say what those objectives would be.
3. Still fine.

You are creating fully fledged event ideas, try ensuring you plan out everything -and I mean everything- that will happen in the event from start to finish.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Archimedes  VIP 6 May 20 at 12:20pm
Neutral
+Events are good and seem fun
+Your pretty active
-Rest of the App is kinda vague
-App is kinda hard to read

Signature:
Proud Ballista Commander and Sexy Bastard 
ARF_Trooper_ [DEFN]  VIP 7 May 20 at 11:05am
Neutral
-Generic app
-events are low creativity and at least 2 of them are near word for word what another GM has done recently, one of which was removed from gm.
+you seem to really care and have not answered any questions incorrectly per say
[DEFN] Vad  VIP 10 May 20 at 3:10am
Application Accepted
Please contact one of the SGMs via Discord for training.
Moved and Locked
  • 6 participants