One year.

Kenny McCormick  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 2:14am Edited
Boredom. It's a feeling everyone gets at some point in their life. This child was no different. Browsing the server list, a bored Kenny tries to find something enjoyable to play. He's tired of the repetitive, monotone drab that is DarkRP, and as fun as the people are, the gameplay leaves a void in his enjoyment. Surely, he can find something interesting, something unique. Then, he sees something that catches his eye;

"Combine versus Rebels | 74 players on 2 servers"

He clicks on the listing, and finds 2 servers to join. One that has 3 people, and the other that has 69. He chooses the latter, and waits. 15 minutes of slow downloads persist, and he is connected. 

What faces him is a room of white drab, afk civilian members, and a textscreen. He faces the screen.

"Want to join a faction? Press F4 and join either Combine and Rebel recruit!"

He thinks, what is he? What do you do? What is this server? Why is the killfeed so populated?

"I want to be like Gordon fucking Freeman!"

He hits F4 and chooses resistance recruit.

Spawn timer, and then he pops in. He is faced with a wall of incomprehensible text, on polished wood and lighted by a 4-square window with no glass. He glazes through it, and sees a sign instructing him to change his name.

/rpname RES WB PVT...

PVT what? Who will he be? What person will he create? 

/rpname RES WB PVT Kenny 

ENTER

Warning: You have changed your name 1 out of 20 times in the last 60 seconds. 

He waits for 5 minutes, asking for a trainer in RCT chat. Eventually, he stumbles out of the room and into the snowy base. 6 rails, forming lines, and an empty stage. 1 gray wooded building, a sheet metal roof on steel poles, open crates with roofs, another building, and a watchtower. He stands and waits, and eventually is approached by an MPF vest clad man. 

"Ah there you are, I was wondering where you ran off to."

SCAV SSGT Errant is his trainer.

He leads Kenny into the training room, and explains the divisions, ranking structure, clearan-

squish

Someone threw a fucking burger at him.

"Ah, that's Vix, dont worry about him."

He goes through clearance levels, and calls over an admin. Eventually, a swift figure enters the room, and Errant introduces him.

"This is Cortland, 2ndLT of SCAV, the best division on the server. I assume you'll be joining that right?"

Kenny doesn't fucking know.

After the duo exchange friendly words, they part ways, and it's just Kenny and Errant. Eventually, an admin comes over and whitelists Kenny. Errant leaves him with this:

"My last few recruits have been troublemakers, so let's hope you aren't one. Hell, I'd even be surprised if you reached level 6 by the end of today. Anyways, go have fun Kenny." 

Into the shadow of war Kenny goes, AK74u in hand, and ready to kill some Combine.

From a passionate RES PVT, to skilled Engineer, onto a dedicated LVET SSGT, he fights on. He reaches LVET WO on the very same map he was trained on, and blazes through the tasking, a record of 10 hours and 15 minutes that still stands within the resistance. As he leaves for NPU officer, he thinks for a moment. Would he really want to throw away his passion? His home faction that he started out on and made a difference, small or big in? He reminices about his time as a resistance officer. He made little changes and helped out where he could, even with the limited power he had at the time. Is it worth it? Now, as a Commander of NPU, he realizes just how much of a difference he can make, and will make for as long as he decides to. It was all possible due to the drive and dedication he had, even if it was for a different faction with a different set of rules, and different playstyle. That dedication never left him, it simply moved on to greener pastures, ready to cultivate a land of possibility and opportunity for his successors, and those after. MG4 in hand, he rides the chariot of war, ready to fuck up some Rebels. 

This is to one year on Definitive Networks, Combine versus Rebels, and hopefully for another year more!
-Best regards, and with love:
RES WB PVT Kenny 

E10 Engineering Intern Bald Martin
RES SCAV PVT Bald Martin (Kenny)
LVET FH MARKSMAN SPC Kenny
models/lvet_fh_cobra_commando_ssgt_kenny.mdl
LVET R12 CORPSMAN SGM Kenny (MONKEY MODE)
LVET CUMMANDO WO Kenny
LVET CHIMP 1stLT Kenny
SU PAYDAY C-RA SGT Kenny McCormick
RES MED PVT 09 PVT Glooper

MPF UNION 09 4840 (RIP)
NPU JANITOR 05 4840
MPF GRID A3T 06 4840
NPU SKELEDANCER T-OfC War Monkey
NPU ARCHANGEL OfC-II Kenny
OVA KILO VC-IV 07 4840
NPU ARCHANGEL T-CmD Kenny McCatFat

P.s: Thank you Sentinel, you've kept me sane for the better half of 2020 through your work. 

Signature:
love me some lore
former hgm, npu dvl (sentry), lvet co
BOT Pieswick and Fasko like this post
Valiant  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 2:24am
You forgot Planetary Commander Kenny

Signature:
Valiant / Valkyria
LA/MED/CROSS/HECU
Kenny McCormick  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 2:34am
;((((

Signature:
love me some lore
Woorj07  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 2:46am
wtf you use /rpname instead of /name why
[DEFN] Gunny  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 3:16am
All of that accomplished in a single year huh, impressive work Kenny. What you’ve done for your divisions so far has been nothing short of outstanding, and I respect your skill in leadership and determination. After everything though, like me, you still are a RF PVT at heart.

-Sincerely, Captain Gunny “Gunman” of Rogue Unit
And one RF PVT Richter.
Kenny McCormick  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 3:22am Edited
(13 Mar 21 at 3:16am)[LFG]Dr.MEM Wrote: All of that accomplished in a single year huh, impressive work Kenny. What you’ve done for your divisions so far has been nothing short of outstanding, and I respect your skill in leadership and determination. After everything though, like me, you still are a RF PVT at heart.

And one RF PVT Richter.

2 officer positions any%
In all actuality, thanks for the support. People say I'm unique and special, but I just think I try too hard for my own good.

Signature:
love me some lore
Kenny McCormick  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 3:24am
Also, as a side note, I left the server for half of March, all of April, and most of May. So technically, I've only been active for 10 months.

Signature:
love me some lore
[DEFN] Gunny  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 3:25am
(13 Mar 21 at 3:22am)Kenny Wrote:
(13 Mar 21 at 3:16am)[LFG]Dr.MEM Wrote: All of that accomplished in a single year huh, impressive work Kenny. What you’ve done for your divisions so far has been nothing short of outstanding, and I respect your skill in leadership and determination. After everything though, like me, you still are a RF PVT at heart.

And one RF PVT Richter.

2 officer positions any%
In all actuality, thanks for the support. People say I'm unique and special, but I just think I try too hard for my own good.

Man you’ve proven yourself more than capable of being special, you’ve earned your titles and wear them with honor.
oogasboogas  VIP 13 Mar 21 at 4:43pm
Ive been on the server for 2 years and havent gotten NCO once, getting CMD in one year is quite the achievement. hopefully you continue to do good things with the power you have.

Signature:
i used to be critically acclaimed
  • 12 participants